James Jones was one of the first UK timber processors to introduce stress graded British carcassing to the UK construction industry. Our philosophy was, and remains to this day, to offer the very best in quality products and customer service, consistently.
Our five Scottish-based sawmills retain a high degree of flexibility, while achieving extremely high levels of efficiency due to the on-going investment in the latest timber technology made by the company. 3-D scanning, X-ray grading, mini-bundling and incising are among the latest technological innovations we have introduced to assist and complement high-speed, high volume and high yield production.
We offer an ex-stock capability on a wide range of carcassing specifications augmented by a wide range of complementary specifications.
KD C16, Structural Carcassing
As the UK’s leading supplier of J-Joists (also known as planed carcassing with eased corners), we offer:
- Full range of kiln dried, C16 strength graded structural carcassing sections
- Comprehensive stockholding
- Ex-stock availability
- ‘Pick a Pack’ facility for maximum convenience
- Consistent quality - in every pack
- Expert advice and assistance
- Compliance with current European standards (BS EN 14081)
- Green preservative treatment
- Yellow Protim treatment
Kiln Dried C16 Graded - planed and eased J-Joist specifications
Kiln Dried 1st Quality Ungraded - available sawn
Kiln Dried 1st Quality Ungraded - available planed J-Joist production
We maintain an ongoing stock commitment of ungraded, unseasoned timber at each of our carcassing mills.
Complementary to our core carcassing ranges, production comes in a variety of standard specifications.
- FSC mixed 70% SA-COC-005014
- Heat treated ISPM 15 56/30
- Preservative treated