Insulated JJI-Joists are filled with Stylite PlusTherm, which is expanded polystyrene (EPS) containing graphite, this considerably increases insulation performance.
The improved thermal performance of Plustherm (0.030 W/mk) allows for a 20% reduction in thickness against standard white EPS and is also a far more cost effective alternative to PIR/PU and extruded insulations. JJI Insulated Joists are available in depths of 195mm and 240mm and come in 13m lengths.
Benefits of using insulated JJI-Joists
- Consistent thermal performance
- Minimises cold bridging
- Compatible with other insulation types
- Can be pre-drilled for convenience, reducing labour
- Makes section of I-Joist rectangular for ease of intergrating with other components
- Approved by BBA as Stylite PlusTherm Flooring Insulation. Cert no. 04/4102